Oh No They Didn't!: My Week With Marilyn to screen at Buckingham Palace *

Posted in 02 November 2011
by Admin.



Oh No They Didn't!
Oh No They Didn't! - LiveJournal.com
My Week With Marilyn to screen at Buckingham Palace *
Nov 2nd 2011, 16:04

*unconfirmed, but this is TWC, they won't deny it because it's not bad press. What happened when Queen Elizabeth met Marilyn Monroe? Even the Queen herself is interested in seeing that moment played out on the big screen: She plans to host a showing at the palace of the upcoming film My Week With Marilyn, starring Michelle Williams, a source tells PEOPLE. In the film, Williams channels the sultry star, portraying Monroe as she was during a brief period in the summer of 1956, when the actress was in the U.K. filming The Prince and the Showgirl. It was during that time that Monroe met the Queen. The Weinstein Company, which produced the film but would not confirm the Queen's screening, received rare permission to film inside Windsor Castle – not surprising considering the Queen reacted favorably to another of their movies, the Oscar-winning The King's Speech. One big question remains, however: Whether the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William will attend the showing. (ugh) people
Marilyn and Colin at Buckingham Palace (click to go to video, won't embed) Marilyn singing "Heat Wave" [via moviefone] Marilyn singing in the bath
In My Week With Marilyn, Michelle Williams gives a stunning performance as Hollywood's greatest icon. She spent months preparing for the role, and kept a 150-page double-sided yellow notebook on Marilyn's life. "From what I read, her face, her physique, could fall apart between glances," Williams says in an interview with Newsweek. "Marilyn Monroe was a character she was playing too." Here, in her own words, Williams talks about her transformation and how she pulled it off. "We filmed at the same house that she filmed [The Prince and the Showgirl]," Williams says. "My dressing room at Pinewood was her old dressing room. I didn't want to ask anything of the space. There's a phrase that somebody told me, in French: 'The space I am in is in me.' I thought about how that affected my work. I didn't have to look for it. It was there." "I watched The Prince and the Showgirl a lot," Williams says. "Maybe more than any human being has watched The Prince and the Showgirl. I think I might hold a world record. I put all her films on the iPad and in between setups and in between shots, I would put my headphones on and I would watch her or I would listen to her. I had photo books laid out all over the table in my dressing room. I was trying to drink her, or something."
"She's frozen in time, because she died so young," Williams says. "And why else? My God. There are obvious things. Her physical beauty is unparalleled. She is so many things that you can't pin down: Her unbelievable mixture of sorrow and joy and vulnerability and womanliness. She lived for that camera. She lived for her audience."
"I knew all the stuff that was written in Arthur [Miller's] journal," Williams says. "I knew what she read. This man was going to save her; this man was going to give her the family she never had. Her vision of the world got reinforced again. There it goes: Everyone will abandon me. That's such a devastating point of view." "I certainly gained a tremendous amount of sympathy and understanding for why Marilyn would be as late as she often was—or not show up," Williams says. "The energy it takes to put your face on, put your body on, put your game on, and transmit that energy to the world, and to be what everybody wants you to be—to give joy, to give pleasure, to give your body, to always be putting out and not getting back—is exhausting in a way I can't describe." source
btw if anyone wants to hook me up with elle hqs... (。◕‿◕)ノ゚❀

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions