Glam Slam: Sorry, Christian Louboutin — See You Next Time!

Posted in 10 November 2011
by Admin.



November 10, 2011

Soooooo…I got this really fabulous invite to a party at Barney’s New York in Beverly Hills celebrating Christian Louboutin’s 20th anniversary. Most people would RSVP STAT, right?!

I wanted to go, but can you believe I didn’t? For one thing, I had nothing to wear. I don’t have fancy, going out clothes anymore, but the real problem was that I didn’t have any Christian Louboutin shoes to wear and I knew that everyone else there was gonna be decked out in all their red-soled glory!

And they were! Lea Michele was there. So were Dita Von Teese…and Solange Knowles among other celebs.

So—what was I doing instead of hobnobbing with Mr. Louboutin? Well, I was across town at the Grove at another store party, which also had a reserved guest list.

Where? I was with my husband and two-year-old daughter at the Pottery Barn Kids Customer Appreciation shopping event where the store closed down for invited guests and we got to shop at a 10 percent discount!

While Hollywood was sipping champagne and eating fancy hors d’oeuvres, I was drinking water and watching my two-year-old devour the cheese plate they brought in. You know what? I was ok with that. In fact, I had a blast.

My daughter took over the store, playing in the toy kitchen and pushing a stroller filled with dolls. We bought a couple of very fashionable dolls, one in a black velvet party dress and the very chic and stylish “Uptown Girl” doll, that are perfect for tea parties.

So did I make the right choice? Fashion fanatics would probably think I was crazy to pass up meeting the legendary designer…while moms might say I made the right decision. All I know is that not only did I get some Christmas shopping out of the way (yay!), I had a fabulous time with my daughter and husband, and in the end, that’s more important than being fabulous.

 
thumb

Ryan Patterson is a Supervising Producer for Access Hollywood

blueLine
ADVERTISEMENT
Click Here!

As a member of the Access Hollywood online community you signed up to receive promotional e-mail updates about Glam Slam. Click here if you would like nathanhibbs03.gossip1@blogger.com to be removed from the email list.
To update your personal information, click here.

NBC Universal Feedback
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608