Glam Slam: Stylish Clutch Job

Posted in 08 December 2011
by Admin.



December 8, 2011

Check out my new bag! Fab, right? I saw it in Lucky Magazine and knew I had to have it!

The bag is from {clutch ny} on Etsy, a shop featuring hand-dyed leather clutches made in New York City. They’re designed by Alexandra Perron, a Fashion News Contributor at Lucky Magazine.

“Designing is something really new for me,” Alexandra tells me. “I had dyed a few clutches for myself and for friends just for fun starting last spring. Lucky was looking for a bright colored clutch for a shoot and asked if they could use one of my bags. Having my clutch in Lucky was the jumping off point for me to start selling them!”

“I decided to design a clutch because it’s a great basic. I wanted to do something that worked for everyone and that could be easily be customized. I’m having a lot of fun experimenting with colors and seeing how different dyes work with the leather. For fall, jewel tones and metallics were huge, so I’ve been working with an emerald green, sapphire and pewter dye. Neon continues to be a huge trend for accessories and my neon bags have been the most popular in my store.”

That’s what I went with — a color block style featuring grey and neon pink. (seen in photo) Each clutch is dyed-to-order.

“All of the bags are dyed after the order is placed,” Alexandra says. “It takes a few hours to dye, because there are multiple coats and they each have to dry in-between. Everything dries overnight and I usually do one more coat the following day.”

After a few e-mails and a couple of weeks, my bag was ready! I love that the bag, which costs $125, is handmade — not some mass-produced item. It’s unique and not everyone will have the same one. Gorgeous, huh?

For more info, check out clutchny.etsy.com.

 
thumb

Ryan Patterson is a Supervising Producer for Access Hollywood

blueLine
ADVERTISEMENT
Click Here!

As a member of the Access Hollywood online community you signed up to receive promotional e-mail updates about Glam Slam. Click here if you would like nathanhibbs03.gossip1@blogger.com to be removed from the email list.
To update your personal information, click here.

NBC Universal Feedback
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608